We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
Keep Austin Beautiful Director of Development
Keep Austin Beautiful, a nonprofit organization with a mission to provide resources and education to engage citizens in building more beautiful communities, seeks a full time director of development.
The director of development serves on the organization’s leadership team and reports directly to the Executive Director. The director of development will be responsible for developing, administering, and implementing strategies to increase and diversify the organizations financial base and increase brand identity. As a member of the leadership team, the director will play a key role in building and sustaining the organization’s culture, addressing emerging issues, and developing and achieving the organization’s strategic plan.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise a team of three to achieve fundraising and communication goals.
- Advance Keep Austin Beautiful's brand identity, broaden awareness of its programs and priorities; and increase the visibility of the organization across key stakeholder audiences, in the media, and position the agency as a leader in the community.
- Oversee the direction of all print and electronic communication materials including: direct mailings, sponsorship proposals, grants, annual reports, web content, mission videos, brochures, and press releases.
- Accurately and effectively represent Keep Austin Beautiful and its mission, including serving as a spokesperson for the organization. Acts in the best interest of the organization and enhances the image of Keep Austin Beautiful in the public eye.
- Respond to and absorbs additional responsibilities as requested.
- Plan, administer, and implement all annual and long-range fundraising activities in collaboration with the executive director and director of programs.
- Develop, sustain, and leverage key relationships within the philanthropic community, which includes individual donors, foundations, corporate donors, board members, and volunteers.
- Develop and grow individual donor base; manage annual giving campaign; and provide oversight for fundraising events.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or a related field.
- Three years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Working knowledge of K-12 educational initiatives, environmental issues, and community engagement preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and donor management systems.
- A flexible schedule is required, including some evenings and weekends.
- Five years fundraising experience with a proven track record of achieving revenue targets.
- Track record of major donor development including: securing major gifts, coordinating crowd sourcing campaigns, leading capital campaigns, and hosting fundraising events.
- Demonstrated track record in prospecting, cultivating, and leveraging key relationships to create collaboration among stakeholders and community partners.
- Strong communications skills including the ability to write and speak persuasively about an organization and experience in developing and presenting proposals to prospective donors.
- Experience writing grants/proposals for foundations, government agencies, and corporate giving programs.
Hours: This is a full time position, which may require occasional work on evenings and weekends.
Pay & Benefits: Keep Austin Beautiful offers a progressive work environment, full health care and dental benefits, 403(b) retirement plan, paid vacation and sick time, and mileage and cellular phone reimbursement. Salary commensurate with experience.
Application Process: Please send letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include Director of Development in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Only complete submissions will be considered and receive a response. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until filled. Interviews will likely be conducted in late September with the position to begin in October.