Keep Austin Beautiful Director of Development
Keep Austin Beautiful, a nonprofit organization with a mission to provide resources and education to engage citizens in building more beautiful communities, seeks a full time Director of Development.
The Director of Development serves on the organization’s leadership team and reports directly to the Executive Director. The director of development will be responsible for developing, administering, and implementing strategies to increase and diversify the organization’s financial base and increase brand identity. As a member of the leadership team, the director will play a key role in building and sustaining the organization’s culture, addressing emerging issues, and developing and achieving the organization’s strategic plan.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, administer, and implement all annual and long-range fundraising activities in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Develop, sustain, and leverage key relationships within the philanthropic community, which includes individual donors, foundations, corporate donors, board members, and volunteers.
- Develop and grow individual donor base; manage annual giving campaign; and provide oversight for fundraising events.
- Supervise a team of three to achieve fundraising goals.
- Advance Keep Austin Beautiful’s brand identity, broaden awareness of its programs and priorities; and increase the visibility of the organization across key stakeholder audiences, in the media, and position the agency as a leader in the community.
- Oversee the direction of all print and electronic communication materials including: direct mailings, sponsorship proposals, grants, annual reports, web content, mission videos, brochures, and press releases.
- Accurately and effectively represent Keep Austin Beautiful and its mission, including serving as a spokesperson for the organization. Act in the best interest of the organization and enhance the image of Keep Austin Beautiful in the public eye.
- Respond to and absorb additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or a related field.
- Three years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Working knowledge of K-12 educational initiatives, environmental issues, and community engagement preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and donor management systems.
- A flexible schedule is required, including some evenings and weekends.
- Five years fundraising experience with a proven track record of achieving revenue targets.
- Track record of major donor development including: securing major gifts, coordinating crowd sourcing campaigns, leading capital campaigns, and hosting fundraising events.
- Demonstrated track record in prospecting, cultivating, and leveraging key relationships to create collaboration among stakeholders and community partners.
- Strong communications skills including the ability to write and speak persuasively about an organization and experience in developing and presenting proposals to prospective donors.
- Experience writing grants/proposals for foundations, government agencies, and corporate giving programs.
Hours: This is a full time position, which may require occasional work on evenings and weekends.
Pay & Benefits: Keep Austin Beautiful offers a progressive work environment, full health care and dental benefits, 403(b) retirement plan, paid vacation and sick time, and mileage and cellular phone reimbursement. Salary commensurate with experience.
Application Process: To apply, please complete online application at https://keepaustinbeautiful.org/director-of-development-application/. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. The posting will be open until the position is filled. Only complete submissions will be considered and receive a response. No phone calls, please.
Keep Austin Beautiful Communications Coordinator
Keep Austin Beautiful, a nonprofit organization with a mission to provide resources and education to engage citizens in building more beautiful communities, seeks a full-time Communications Coordinator. The Communications Coordinator will work with the Executive Director to plan our annual Beautify Bash fundraising event, draft marketing materials and other content, draft social media and blog posts, maintain and update the Keep Austin Beautiful website, and will conduct strategic outreach to increase Keep Austin Beautiful’s presence in the community. This person will also work with the Development Team to facilitate successful fundraising efforts, assist with our database, and track program efficacy and analytics for funders.
Our ideal candidate is skilled in extensive research, confident with data entry, and is a very strong writer with excellent attention to detail. We are looking for an enthusiastic team member who is willing to learn about Keep Austin Beautiful’s branding style, programs, and funding opportunities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities, including but not limited to
- Work with the development team in aligning public relations and donor relations strategies and communications
- Identify and develop relationships with media personnel, community partners and agencies to promote our resources, education, and events
- Coordinate event logistics for Beautify Bash, including venue booking, vendor contracts, event staffing, and volunteer tasks
- Coordinate media requests and follow-up, while serving as the secondary media contact as needed
- Write interesting and accurate copy and create audio-visual content (videos, graphics, and photos) for social media channels, blog posts, annual reports, the Keep Austin Beautiful website and eNewsletters, press releases, event and program promotion, and other marketing-related materials
- Maintain our organization’s social media accounts, including content creation and curation
- Maintain and update website content and features to ensure they remain up-to-date, relevant, and functional
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of communications activities
- Promote events and programs through media, community calendars, and volunteer networks
- Undertake outreach, scheduling, and representing Keep Austin Beautiful at community and corporate events, as well as tracking and reporting on engagement and results
- Work with staff to gather information and draft reports to funders that feature program accomplishments
- Data entry and organization in CRM system (training provided)
- Solicit and arrange in-kind donations related to annual events
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent editing and research skills
- Excellent attention to detail, and the ability to maintain accuracy when performing repetitive tasks
- Experience in writing marketing copy or feature content a plus
- Experience in event planning, social media, and working with community groups a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office software
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and/or Salesforce a plus
- Experience with WordPress a plus
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Has a “can-do” attitude, takes initiative, and is comfortable working both independently and as a part of a team
Hours: This is a full time position, which may require some work on evenings and weekends.
Pay and Benefits: Keep Austin Beautiful offers a progressive work environment, full health care and dental benefits, paid vacation and sick time, and mileage and cellular phone reimbursement. Pay: $34,000-$38,000, depending on experience.
Application Process: To apply, please complete our online application at https://keepaustinbeautiful.org/communications-coordinator-application/. Please upload PDF documents of resume, letter of interest, and writing sample directly within the application form. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis. Only complete submissions will be considered and receive a response. No phone calls, please!
For other ways to get involved please view our volunteer opportunities page.