Keep Austin Beautiful Educator
Keep Austin Beautiful seeks a full-time Educator for our in-school and after school youth programming. The ideal candidate will be able to foster a positive learning atmosphere in both English and Spanish that promotes a respect for the natural environment while serving as a positive role model to students.
Keep Austin Beautiful works with schools to teach youth about recycling, composting, resource management, as well as ecology, water conservation, sustainability, and more. The primary objective of our youth education programming is to promote environmental stewardship through hands-on activities and service learning projects
Facilitate Keep Austin Beautiful’s school day and afterschool education programing for elementary, middle, and high school aged youth which includes but is not limited to:
- Leading daily activities, presentations, and service-learning projects for Generation Zero as the program’s lead educator
- Carrying, loading, and transporting multiple supplies to and from various locations across Austin daily
- Developing and revising curriculum and associated materials
- Serving as a direct liaison between schools and Keep Austin Beautiful
- Tracking and reporting programming numbers and other relevant data
- Fostering a positive and enthusiastic learning environment that engages both students and staff
- Serving as support for service learning projects and field trips of other programs
- Providing support for afterschool programming middle and high school teacher(s)
- Supporting the Education Programs Manager on additional projects, program outreach, and curriculum development, as well as other Keep Austin Beautiful programming
- 1+ years of experience teaching youth (K-12) in formal and/or informal setting on topics including recycling, composting, waste management, environmental awareness, outdoor education, water quality, gardening, or other related topics is required
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish with children and adults is strongly preferred.
- Degree in education, environmental studies, conservation, ecology, or general science is preferred
- Flexible and able to work independently and in team settings
- Well organized
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Literate in Microsoft Office software
- Must have own reliable transportation and clean driving record
- Applicant must pass a background check and submit proof of driving record
Hours: This is a full time position, which requires work on some evenings and weekends.
Pay & Benefits: Keep Austin Beautiful offers a progressive work environment, full health care and dental benefits, 403(b) retirement plan, paid vacation and sick time, mileage reimbursement, and salary commensurate with experience. Salary range for this position is $30,000-$34,000 per year.
Application Process: Please complete the online application https://keepaustinbeautiful.org/educator-application/ (required).
No phone calls, please! Position open until filled. Interviews will likely be conducted on a rolling basis with the position to begin in February 2019.