Keep Austin Beautiful Director of Development
Keep Austin Beautiful, a nonprofit organization with a mission to provide resources and education to engage citizens in building more beautiful communities, seeks a full time Director of Development.
The Director of Development serves on the organization’s leadership team and reports directly to the Executive Director. The director of development will be responsible for developing, administering, and implementing strategies to increase and diversify the organization’s financial base and increase brand identity. As a member of the leadership team, the director will play a key role in building and sustaining the organization’s culture, addressing emerging issues, and developing and achieving the organization’s strategic plan.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, administer, and implement all annual and long-range fundraising activities in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Develop, sustain, and leverage key relationships within the philanthropic community, which includes individual donors, foundations, corporate donors, board members, and volunteers.
- Develop and grow individual donor base; manage annual giving campaign; and provide oversight for fundraising events.
- Supervise a team of three to achieve fundraising goals.
- Advance Keep Austin Beautiful’s brand identity, broaden awareness of its programs and priorities; and increase the visibility of the organization across key stakeholder audiences, in the media, and position the agency as a leader in the community.
- Oversee the direction of all print and electronic communication materials including: direct mailings, sponsorship proposals, grants, annual reports, web content, mission videos, brochures, and press releases.
- Accurately and effectively represent Keep Austin Beautiful and its mission, including serving as a spokesperson for the organization. Act in the best interest of the organization and enhance the image of Keep Austin Beautiful in the public eye.
- Respond to and absorb additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or a related field.
- Three years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Working knowledge of K-12 educational initiatives, environmental issues, and community engagement preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and donor management systems.
- A flexible schedule is required, including some evenings and weekends.
- Five years fundraising experience with a proven track record of achieving revenue targets.
- Track record of major donor development including: securing major gifts, coordinating crowd sourcing campaigns, leading capital campaigns, and hosting fundraising events.
- Demonstrated track record in prospecting, cultivating, and leveraging key relationships to create collaboration among stakeholders and community partners.
- Strong communications skills including the ability to write and speak persuasively about an organization and experience in developing and presenting proposals to prospective donors.
- Experience writing grants/proposals for foundations, government agencies, and corporate giving programs.
Hours: This is a full time position, which may require occasional work on evenings and weekends.
Pay & Benefits: Keep Austin Beautiful offers a progressive work environment, full health care and dental benefits, 403(b) retirement plan, paid vacation and sick time, and mileage and cellular phone reimbursement. Salary commensurate with experience.
Application Process: To apply, please complete online application at https://keepaustinbeautiful.org/director-of-development-application/. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. The posting will be open until the position is filled. Only complete submissions will be considered and receive a response. No phone calls, please.
Keep Austin Beautiful Community Engagement Coordinator
Keep Austin Beautiful, a nonprofit organization with a mission to provide resources and education to engage citizens in building more beautiful communities, seeks a Community Engagement Coordinator to support waterway, litter abatement and beautification initiatives.
The Community Engagement Coordinator will build and maintain relationships with volunteers and key organizational partners, engage volunteers in ongoing service, and coordinate project logistics. Primary programs include Adopt-a-Creek, Engage Austin, and Community Engagement Days, as well as assistance with other programming as needed. Administrative tasks include managing data in Gravity Forms, MailChimp, and Salesforce, responding to volunteer requests, and writing program reports.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Lead workdays for Adopt-a-Creek sites, Ready Set Plant projects, restoration work days, and other beautification projects
- Assist Adopt-a-Creek leaders with developing restoration plans for their creek section
- Develop and maintain relationships with the creek conservancies in the area
- Serve as staff lead for the Engage Austin Project at LBJ Early College High School
- Communicate with key organizational partners to set up and maintain ongoing volunteer opportunities
- Lead technical training workshops for volunteer engagement and restoration techniques
- Work collaboratively with staff to share technical skills and support community and organizational-led project days
- Plan and implement volunteer appreciation events throughout the year
- Provide community outreach to increase program participation
- Create content and newsletter for event communications and recruitment of volunteers for service projects and events
- Support other programming as needed
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the environment, excellent people and communication skills, experience and/or knowledge in riparian restoration, native landscape design and installation and volunteer coordination.
- 2+ years of experience and knowledge in restoration, riparian and water quality issues, native plant species, landscape design and installation, solid waste services or litter abatement is required
- 2+ years of experience working with and organizing volunteers is required
- PMP Certification is preferred
- Spanish is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to work with a wide range of volunteers from youth to seniors
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Flexible and able to work independently as well as on a team
- Must have own reliable transportation
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain a positive attitude with community members
- Lift 50 pounds, work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions including heat, cold, and rain and work along uneven surfaces of creeks and trails
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook and Excel, as well as Salesforce, MailChimp and Gravity Forms is preferred
Hours: This is a full time position. The work schedule is Tuesday-Friday 9am-6pm, and Saturdays 8am-4pm (supporting and leading projects), with occasional evenings.
Pay & Benefits: Keep Austin Beautiful offers a progressive work environment, full health care and dental benefits, paid vacation and sick time, a 403B retirement plan, and mileage and cellular phone reimbursement. Salary range for this position is $35,000-$39,000 per year.
Application Process: To apply, please upload a letter of interest and resume using our online application form. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. The posting will be open until the position is filled. Only complete submissions will be considered and receive a response. No phone calls, please.
For other ways to get involved please view our volunteer opportunities page.