The Keep Austin Beautiful Awards recognize the efforts of individuals and groups to enhance and protect Austin’s environment. For over 30 years, Keep Austin Beautiful has been recognizing environmental leaders.
All awardees are recognized for their partnership and involvement with Keep Austin Beautiful.
Winners are recognized in the following award categories:
- Beautification – Improved an area through landscaping, tree planting, artwork, architecture or other means.
- Community Involvement – Inspired community involvement and/or community ownership in order to clean, beautify, or restore an area or promote environmental stewardship.
- Education – Raised awareness about environmental stewardship through educational activities. Includes youth and adults, schools, organizations and other groups.
- Dennis Hobbs Individual Achievement – Provided visionary leadership or personal action in environmental efforts.
- Litter Abatement – Removed or prevented litter and committed to keeping an area clean.
- Dell Youth Achievement – Implemented or maintained outstanding youth projects or activities to clean, beautify or restore an area or promote environmental stewardship.
The Keep Austin Beautiful 2016 Annual Award Winners will be recognized at Beautiful Bash on Thursday, November 17th, 2016. Please join Keep Austin Beautiful for the event to honor the inspirational award winners and celebrate all the Austin community does to keep our city beautiful.
2016 Annual Award Winners
These wonderful winners have gone above and beyond by volunteering to restore local creeks, taken action to clean-up Lady Bird Lake, fostered the next generation of environmental leaders, and have led the way in establishing Austin as a green and sustainable city.
- Beautification – Friends of South Zilker Park
- Community Involvement – Friends of Tannehill Branch Creek
- Education – Burnet Middle School
- Dennis Hobbs Individual Achievement – Mike Valescu
- Litter Abatement – Capital Cruises
- Dell Youth Achievement – Jaime Rodriguez, Lanier High School
Read more about the accomplishments of the 2015 Annual Award Winners.