In partnership with Austin Resource Recovery and Travis County, Keep Austin Beautiful provides free recycling containers and flutter flags to raise the visibility of recycling at your event and reduce the amount of recyclables that are thrown away.
Ready to Recycle?
- You will be asked to sign the Event Recycling agreement when you fill out the request form.
- Complete the Request Form at least 2 weeks before the event date. We will confirm your request and pickup time. Event recycling bins are limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Pick up the containers at the prearranged time at Austin Resource Recovery’s Recycle & Reuse Drop-Off Center at 2514 Business Center Dr, Austin, TX 78744. Please plan to load and unload containers on your own. Pick up times are Monday through Friday, 8am to 3pm.
- Flutter flag pickup and return occurs at the Keep Austin Beautiful office.
- After your event, wipe down the containers and return them to the Austin Resource Recovery’s Recycle & Reuse Drop-Off Center.
- Complete the event report and submit photos to share your success.
The free recycling bin lending program is limited to events in Travis County, and bins may not be checked out by recycling and waste hauling companies.