Education Programs Coordinator Job Description
Keep Austin Beautiful is looking for an Education Programs Coordinator to play a vital role in supporting the administration of our in-school, after-school, and summer youth programs. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about both education and the environment, possesses exceptional communication skills, and demonstrates strong program administrative abilities. At Keep Austin Beautiful, we collaborate with schools to educate youth on topics such as recycling, composting, resource management, ecology, water conservation, sustainability, and more. Our primary goal is to promote environmental stewardship through engaging, hands-on activities, and service-learning projects.
Coordinating Keep Austin Beautiful’s school day, afterschool, and summer education programs for elementary, middle, and high school-aged youth, encompassing:
- Scheduling and organizing school presentations for our team of educators.
- Acting as an educator for in-school education programs, leading activities, presentations, and service-learning projects when required.
- Cultivating a positive and enthusiastic learning environment that engages both students and staff.
- Serving as a point of contact and offering support for after-school programs for middle and high school teachers.
- Assisting the Education Programs Manager with program coordination, teacher/school communication, and the development of all education programs.
- Supporting the Activity Kit program with outreach, curriculum development, and checkouts.
- Collaborating with the Education team on curriculum development and revisions while maintaining TEKS alignment.
- Tracking and reporting program numbers and other relevant data.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience teaching youth (K-12) in formal and/or informal settings on topics such as recycling, composting, waste management, environmental awareness, outdoor education, water quality, gardening, or related subjects.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in program administration and coordination.
- Must have reliable transportation and a clean driving record.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Flexibility to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to lift thirty (30) pounds and work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, environmental studies, conservation, ecology, or a related field.
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish with children and adults.
This is a full-time position that may require work on some evenings and weekends.
Pay & Benefits:
Keep Austin Beautiful offers a progressive work environment with full healthcare and dental benefits, paid vacation and sick time, a 403(b) retirement plan, and mileage and cellular phone reimbursement. The salary for this position is $50,000 per year.
To apply for this position, please send a letter of interest and your resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, include “Education Programs Coordinator – Last Name.” Please, no phone calls. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Only complete submissions will be considered and receive a response. Applications will remain open until the position is filled.