Administrative Assistant for Keep Austin Beautiful
Keep Austin Beautiful, a nonprofit organization with a mission to provide resources and education to inspire the Austin community towards greater environmental stewardship, seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant to provide a wide range of support to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization. Responsibilities will also include financial tracking and support for the Executive Director and Operations Manager. The ideal candidate is a multi-skilled individual who can create, coordinate, and manage their workflow independently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Office Administration and Bookkeeping
- Assist with purchasing and maintaining office equipment and supply inventory
- Coordinate with the Community Engagement team to support volunteer supply pick-ups and drop-offs, when needed
- Manage Keep Austin Beautiful shared calendar noting all Keep Austin Beautiful holidays, and staff and board birthdays and years of service anniversaries
- Process payroll and benefits and post jobs when needed
- Coordinate logistics for staff and Board of Directors retreats and monthly meetings including ordering food and reserving meeting rooms
- Maintain current Board of Directors records including a contact list, calendar of events and Board of Directors web page
- Maintain accurate and current QuickBooks records including entering check requests and deposits on a monthly basis and receipts/credit card charges by the 4th business day of the month and completing invoicing as necessary.
- Assist the contract bookkeeper with preparing monthly financial reports
Executive Director Support
- Coordinate Executive Director’s calendar and schedule meetings
- Print agendas, attend meetings, and take meeting minutes as needed
- Coordinate reports, presentations, memorandums, and correspondence as needed
- Support correspondence with Board of Directors and maintain records of Board member giving
- Promptly respond to and absorb additional tasks as requested
Desired Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High School or GED equivalent required
- Associate’s Degree preferred (1-2 years of professional experience may substitute for an Associate’s Degree)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office software with experience managing schedules in Outlook, data entry in Excel
- Excellent working knowledge of QuickBooks Online software
- Demonstrated success with organizing priorities, working with deadlines, and managing multiple projects and administrative tasks simultaneously
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups
Hours: This is a part- time position, which may require work on evenings and weekends.
Pay & Benefits: Keep Austin Beautiful offers a progressive work environment, mileage and cellular phone reimbursement. Pay commensurate with experience.
Application Process: Qualified applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter describing their qualifications and expected hourly rate requirements to: email@example.com. Subject line should read: Administrative Assistant 2020-Last Name. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. The posting will be open until the position is filled. Only complete submissions will be considered and receive a response. No phone calls, please.
Keep Austin Beautiful is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The organization is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions, including, without limitation, regarding recruitment, selection, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, advancement, corrective action, discipline, discharge, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, are based on individual qualifications and/or other legitimate business factors, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age (40 and over), disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law