Every year we host Beautify Bash, a benefit to further our mission and to celebrate Austin’s leading environmental stewards. We are proud to announce this year’s awardees:
- Litter Abatement Award – Austin Japan Community – For their consistent street cleanups and active involvement in KAB events throughout the year.
- Beautification Award – TreeFolks – For the impact of the Ready? Set. Plant! tree-planting projects held jointly with Keep Austin Beautiful at Adopt-a-Creek sites.
- Community Involvement Award – Jamie Gillis – For involvement with Adopt-a-Creek, use of Activity Kits and support of education programming.
- Individual Achievement Award – Al and Nancy Morgan – For their 40+ years of conservation around Walnut Creek and their participation in Adopt-a-Creek since its inception.
- Youth Achievement Award – Lanier/Navarro High School Green Teens Senior Class – For four years of leadership and dedication to keeping the Lanier/Navarro High School campus and the broader community beautiful through regular cleanups, citizen science investigation, and planting of native plants on campus.
- Annual Education Award – LBJ High School Green Teens – For their unwavering enthusiasm, and 4 years of consistent participation in and dedication to the Green Teens program.
Interested in learning more about our awardees? Join us at Beautify Bash on Thursday, November 7 at Umlauf Sculpture Garden & Museum.