**Update: all positions below are no longer available**
Keep Texas Beautiful Positions
Keep Texas Beautiful Executive Director
Part-time Temporary Green Teens Instructor for Keep Austin Beautiful
Keep Austin Beautiful is seeking a temporary part-time (10 hours/week) Green Teens Environmental Educator for our grant-funded after-school programming. The primary objectives are to model, foster, and encourage environmental stewardship through hands-on activities and service learning projects.
The ideal candidate will be able to foster a positive learning atmosphere that promotes a respect for the natural environment while serving as a mentor and positive role model to students.
Implement middle and high school aged youth after-school environmental education sessions which include but are not limited to:
- planning, leading, and documenting activities.
- preparing, organizing, and maintaining materials.
- creatively integrating technology.
- coordinating and leading field trips.
- organizing and leading service projects.
- collaborating with after-school staff and city-wide organizations.
- retaining current participants and continually recruiting additional students.
Additional duties include supporting the Education Programs Manager and education staff as needed with planning and implementing programming. Some programming may occur on weekends and holidays.
Must be interested in connecting students to nature, well-organized, literate in Microsoft Office software, tech-savvy, able to multi-task, work independently, lift up to 20 lbs. and carry multiple supplies on a daily basis.
- Experience teaching youth (K-12th) about environmental awareness, outdoor education, water quality, solid waste, gardening, or other environmental topics.
- Degree in, training in, or knowledge of education, environmental conservation, horticulture, ecology, or general science.
- Flexible and able to work independently.
- Must have own reliable transportation and clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass a school background check.
Schedule: 10 hours per week Monday through Thursday from 3pm to 6pm with occasional evenings and weekends. The position is slated to begin immediately and be effective through the duration of the school-year (mid-June).
To apply: please e-mail resume and cover letter to Education Programs Manager Ilya Shmulenson to careers(at)keepaustinbeautiful.org noting: RE: Green Teens Environmental Educator in subject line. NO PHONE CALLS Please.
Applicants will be required to submit to a background check and proof of driving record.
Application will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Full-time Volunteer Coordinator for Keep Austin Beautiful
Keep Austin Beautiful, a nonprofit organization with a mission to provide resources and education to engage citizens in building more beautiful communities, seeks a Volunteer Coordinator to to support community-led cleanup and beautification initiatives.
Responsibilities include coordinating logistics and partnerships which enable Keep Austin Beautiful to engage citizens in service throughout the city. The Volunteer Coordinator will build and maintain relationships with volunteers and key organizational partners, cultivate those relationships to engage volunteers in ongoing service, and coordinate project logistics. Primary programs include Clean Sweep, Clean Lady Bird Lake, Lake Travis Underwater Cleanup, and Adopt-a-Street, and assistance with other programming as needed. Administrative tasks may include managing data in Formstack, Mailchimp, and Salesforce, promptly responding to volunteer communications, and additional tasks as needed.
- Coordinate volunteer registration for Clean Sweep, Clean Lady Bird Lake, and Lake Travis Underwater Cleanup, and ongoing Adopt-a-Street projects
- Communicate with key organizational partners to set up and maintain ongoing volunteer opportunities
- Lead training workshops for volunteer engagement
- Plan and implement volunteer appreciation events throughout the year
- Secure donations for volunteer recognition
- Maintain up-to-date records of volunteer engagement and program results
- Provide community outreach to increase program participation
- Support other programming as needed
The ideal candidate will have volunteer coordination experience, excellent people and communication skills, be highly organized and detail-oriented, and have a passion for the environment.
- 2+ years of experience working with and organizing volunteers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong people skills and ability to work with a range of volunteers from youth to senior
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and preferably certifications in volunteer management
- Flexible and able to work independently as well as on a team
- Must have own reliable transportation
- Must be able to multi-task, lift 20 pounds, and maintain a positive attitude with community members
- A flexible schedule is required, including some evenings and weekends (at least 1 Saturday per month)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook and Excel, as well as Salesforce, Mailchimp and Formstack preferred
Hours: This is a full time position, which may require work on evenings and weekends.
Pay & Benefits: Keep Austin Beautiful offers a progressive work environment, full health care and dental benefits, paid vacation and sick time, a 403B retirement plan with employer match, and mileage and cellular phone reimbursement. Salary range for this position is $33,000-$37,000.
Application Process: To apply, please complete our online application here. Your resume and letter of interest, including salary history, will be uploaded directly within the application form. Job posting open through Sunday, September 27, 2015. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Only complete submissions will be considered and receive a response. No phone calls, please.
Full-time Executive Assistant for Keep Austin Beautiful
Keep Austin Beautiful, a nonprofit organization with a mission to provide resources and education to inspire the Austin community towards greater environmental stewardship, seeks a full-time administrative assistant to provide a range of administrative office support to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization and support for the Executive Director. This person is responsible for producing high quality, detailed work based on established standards, guidelines, and procedures. The ideal candidate is a multi-skilled individual who can create, coordinate and manage documents and workflows.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedules appointments and meetings and composes correspondence for the Executive Director.
- Prepares reports, presentations, memorandums, and correspondence.
- Board of Directors support and liaison.
- Assist with research and tracking of foundation, corporate, and government funding opportunities
- Data entry and manage data in excel files and on an online database.
- HR support including posting job announcements and updating of personnel documents.
- Accurately and effectively represent KAB and its mission. Acts in the best interest of the organization and enhances the image of the KAB in the public eye.
- Promptly responds to and absorbs additional tasks as requested.
Desired Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High School or GED equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of professional experience may substitute for a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Knowledge of MS Office software with experience managing schedules, creating presentations, manipulating data, and composing correspondence, coordinating mass mailings, compiling lists, and executing mail merges.
- Experience with Salesforce or other database systems executing downloads of data and data analysis.
- High attention to detail, and ability to maintain accuracy when performing repetitive tasks.
- Demonstrated success with organizing priorities, working with deadlines, and managing multiple projects and administrative tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
Hours: This is a full time position, which may require work on evenings and weekends.
Pay & Benefits: Keep Austin Beautiful offers a progressive work environment, full health care and dental benefits, paid vacation and sick time, and mileage and cellular phone reimbursement. Salary range $27,000 – $30,000.
Application Process: Please email resume to Careers@keepaustinbeautiful.org. Please include Executive Assistant in the subject line. No phone calls, please! Deadline Monday, September 22nd at 8am – late submissions will not be considered.