Have you seen an area in your community in need of a cleanup? Keep Austin Beautiful makes it easy to lead your own cleanup! We will provide all the supplies needed to run a successful cleanup, and can arrange to have the trash picked up from a designated area. We can also help recruit volunteers for large cleanups by posting your cleanup to our online events calendar.
Organize a Cleanup
- Complete the Cleanup Request Format least two weeks in advance to request supplies, or at least three weeks in advance to have the full trash bags picked up.
- We’ll confirm your request and pick-up time within 48 business hours. Pick-ups and drop-offs are available Tuesday through Friday between 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. and Saturdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. by appointment only.
- Pick-up and drop off the supplies at the Keep Austin Beautiful office at your pre-arranged time. Make sure to return signed liability waivers!
- Complete the Report Form and send photos to let us know how your cleanup went!
Resources for Cleanups
- Sign-in/Liability Release
- Safety Guidelines
- Recycling Tips
- Poison Ivy Fact Sheet
- Tips on Organizing a Cleanup
- Complete an Austin Litter Report to report trash in public spaces
- Tips and resources from “Let’s Can It! Austin“
- For more information about litter mitigation in Texas, check out Keep Texas Beautiful and “Don’t Mess with Texas”, a program of TxDot